Bike Riding Vs Jogging Calories
Therefore riding a bicycle 20 miles at an average 15 miles per hour is equal to running 5 6 miles at any speed.
Bike riding vs jogging calories. In 30 minutes the 180 pound person burns about 432 calories bicycling around 15 mph but only 211 calories walking at 4 mph. So in terms of energy expenditure riding 20 miles at 20 mph is equivalent to running 6 9 miles. Person but 923 calories for a 290 lb. Both would burn about 760 calories 20.
According to the centers for disease control and prevention bicycling is a vigorous exercise while walking is a moderate exercise. But as with all workouts the exact caloric expenditure depends on the intensity and duration of the workout. You ll burn more on uneven terrain like sand. In general you will burn more calories the more you weigh.
Riding a stationary bike at a moderate intensity level burns 286 calories for a 90 lb. So if you reached an avghr say of 150 on the bike or your avg speed of 15 mph you likely ranged from 90 at stop lights up to 170 on hills and sprinting away from lights. The other benefit i ve found to the bike if your route includes any kind of city road bike riding you get automatic intervals where as running is steady state. If you rode 20 miles at 20 mph you would divide by the corresponding number on the table 2 9.
However cycling is gentler on the body and you may be able to do it longer or faster than you can run. This means that cycling 20 miles at 15 mph burns as many calories as running 5 7 miles. Generally running and cycling result in a similar number of calories burned. Gabe mirkin says riding a bicycle 20 miles is equivalent to running 5 6 miles.
Take the 620 calories and divide by 110 calories per mile for running and you get 5 63 miles of running to burn the same number of calories. In general running burns more calories than cycling because it uses more muscles. At 755 calories per hour a 5 mph run more than doubles the energy expenditure of a leisurely bike ride which burns just 364 calories per hour for a 200 pound man. The number of calories consumed depends primarily on the weight of the.
Just 14 2 minutes on a treadmill burnt 200 calories it took 27 minutes on a bike according to the centre for sports science and health study. The result is 6 9 miles. But fitness expert dr. To up that number you can either increase your speed add hills or try interval training alternating between bouts of speed and recovery periods.
- What Happened In The 90s In Canada
- What Happened In September 1962
- What Happened In September 1862
- What Happened In Seattle Yesterday
- What Happened In Uk
- What Happened In Singapore Today
- What Happened In September 11 In America
- What Happened In The 90s In America
- What Happened In Singapore In 2014
- What Happened In The Year 1980 In The Uk
- What Happened In Singapore
- What Happened In The Manchester Attack 2017
- What Happened In The Society Season 1
- What Happened In The Year 1919 In The World
- What Happened In Tulsa Oklahoma Last Night
- What Happened In September 1940
- What Happened In The Philippines 2020
- What Happened In September 1938
- What Happened In The French And Indian War
- What Happened In Singapore Corona