How To Measure The Size Of A Bike For A Kid
In general 12 inch wheels are designed for children 36 40 inches tall 16 inch wheels are for children 41 49 inches tall and 20 inch wheels are for children 50 56 inches tall.
How to measure the size of a bike for a kid. The kids bike sizing guide below will give you an overview of the various kids bike sizes and show you how to choose the best size bike for your child. This is the outer diameter of the existing tire. Stand against the wall. 1 with your child standing with his back against the wall align the book vertically on the wall between your child s legs up to the crotch area.
Keep in mind that kid s bikes are measured by the size of the wheels not the frame height. What size do kids bikes come in. Record the tire diameter as this also represents the bike frame size. Kids bikes come in these different wheel sizes.
12 inch 14 inch 16 inch 18 inch 20 inch 24 inch and now even 26 inch. Wheel size gives you a very general idea of the size of a bike but bike frame size and seat height range can vary drastically from one bike to another within the same wheel size as a result your child may fit on a 16 inch bike with one brand. Mark the place on the wall where the bottom of the box is resting. To size a bike you ll need to take your inseam measurement.
A common mistake made by parents purchasing a bike for their child is to get one that is too large so the child can grow into it if the frame of your child s bike is too large she will not be able to easily control it and an accident could happen. The basic premise is that when you buy a kid s bike you get either guaranteed trade in value on the old bike when it is outgrown and or straight out discounts on future bikes as the kid continues to move through the bikes into the larger sizes. Kids bikes frame sizing is generally measured in. Measure the diameter of the existing tire as illustrated above d or look on the tire for the size it looks like this.
Learning how to measure a child for a bike is a simple. Wheel size is the way that bike manufacturers classify their kid bike sizes but it s not the only factor it s not even the most important factor. Measure from the floor to the pencil mark with a measuring tape. If you find the tire size the first dimension is the tire diameter the second dimension is the tire thickness.
To measure the inseam you need a yardstick and a medium sized book. Bikes for toddlers usually range from 12 and 16 inches. Many adult bike manufacturers will size a bike for an adult that is less than 5 feet tall and an adult that s over 6 feet tall using the same wheel size but changing the frame geometry. Stand with your feet 6 inches apart then measure from the inside of your foot up to your crotch where your leg meets your waist.
So while kids bike sizes are indicated by wheel size wheel size alone is not a reliable indication of whether a bike will fit your young rider. Put a book to the top of your head. If you are sizing a mountain bike measure in inches them multiply your inseam by 67 and subtract 4 inches.
- What Happened In The Year 1980 In The Uk
- What Happened In The 90s In Ireland
- What Happened In Spanish Translation
- What Happened In Tulsa Oklahoma In The 1960s
- What Happened In September 11 In America
- What Happened In The 90s Pop Culture
- What Happened In The Great Depression In 1934
- What Happened In The End Of 365 Days Movie
- What Happened In The Spanish Civil War
- What Happened In Spanish Flu Pandemic
- What Happened In The Vietnam War In 1964
- What Happened In Uk
- What Happened In September 1938
- What Happened In The Year 1990
- What Happened In The Great Depression Uk
- What Happened In Seattle Washington Last Night
- What Happened In The Philippines After It Gained Independence Quizlet
- What Happened In United States Today
- What Happened In The Philippines 2020
- What Happened In The Society Season 1