What Will Happen If The Earth Stops Rotating
Here is what would happen.
What will happen if the earth stops rotating. What if a giant invisible wall stops earth in its tracks while revolving around the sun. First off let me make one thing clear. With water pushed to the poles we could walk on land around the entire equator but it would be a very inhospitable. For starters earth would now take a whole year to do what it pulls off in a day.
Countries on the side facing the sun would experience daylight for 6 months while those living on the side facing away from the sun would experience a six month night. The rotation is effectively zero at the north and south pole. If earth suddenly stopped spinning. Our planet spins at its equator 1000 miles per hour as.
Our atmosphere is rotating at the same rate earth is spinning. Cycle from night to day and back. What would happen if the earth stopped spinning. If that motion suddenly stopped the momentum would send things flying eastward.
Cities would spend half the year in darkness and half the year in full sunlight just like the north and south poles do today and like the poles every region would still experience different seasons but the temperature swings from season to season would be much greater for. The probability for such an event is practically zero in the next few billion years. The good news is that if the earth s rotation stopped we wouldn t fall off. But let s just assume for a moment that the earth did suddenly stop rotating and take a look at what would happen to us and the planet.
However what would happen if earth continued to rotate on its axis but stopped revolving around the sun instead. At the equator the earth s rotational motion is at its fastest about a thousand miles an hour. Whether it suddenly stops turning on its axis or does so gradually it s bad news for life on earth. Approximately 1050 miles per hour at the equator with the speed decreasing the further north or south you go from the equator.
Of course there will never come a day that the earth stands still. However considering what would happen as our planet grinds to a halt from a velocity of over 1 000 mph 1 600 kph the speed that it rotates is interesting.
- Sports Bike Under 1 Lakh In India
- Stationary Bike Reviews 2019
- Spiti Valley Bike Trip Budget
- Sri Lanka Bike Number Plate Template
- Stationary Bike Vs Treadmill For Weight Loss
- Suzuki New Model Bike Price In Bangladesh
- Survival Kit For New College Students
- Suzuki Bike 150cc New Model 2019
- Suzuki Bike New Model 2020 In Pakistan
- Sports Bike Under 2 Lakh In India
- Spiti Valley Bike Trip Itinerary
- Suzuki Bike Market Price In Bangladesh
- Steel Vs Aluminum Bike Frame
- Stylish Logo Design Sticker Bike Bike Number Plate Stickers
- Stylish Bike Under 1 5 Lakh
- Summit Bike And Hike Trail
- Sri Venkateswara Bike Zone Rajahmundry Andhra Pradesh
- Suzuki Gixxer Bike New Model
- Stationary Bike Vs Elliptical Vs Treadmill
- Strider Bike Comparison